Massachusetts Construction Industry Suicide Prevention Summit
As an industry, the construction community has the opportunity to bring the recognition of mental illness and suicide risk out in the open. Recognizing the signs, having resources for assistance available, and removing the stigma associated with mental illness are important steps in which we can all participate.
Please join MassMen.org, the Construction Financial Management Association of Massachusetts, and the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention to begin strategically preventing the tragedy of suicide among workers in this vital industry.
JUNE 20, 2017
SHERATON NEEDHAM HOTEL
100 Cabot St, Needham, Mass
Registration Fee: $25/person
12:30 p.m. Registration Opens
1:00–5:30 p.m. Summit Program featuring national, state, and industry experts and advocates
Networking Reception Immediately Following
• Construction/Extraction is the industry with the highest number of suicide deaths and second highest industry in suicide rates (death per 100K employees).
• 44,000 people in the U.S. died by suicide in 2015, almost 10,000 more than the number of deaths due to car accidents.
• Suicide is the second leading cause of death among men aged 25–54.
• The overall death rate is increasing for white males, aged 45–64, especially among those without a college education.
• The economic impact of suicide exceeds $44 billion annually.