A Call to Action: Fitchburg is Welcoming to All
UNF, Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, North Central Massachusetts Minority Coalition and others to hold press conference in support of immigrant and Muslim communities in Fitchburg
WHAT: Community leaders in Fitchburg will be holding a press conference to condemn Trump administration executive orders against immigrants and refugees and call on allies to support the Safe Communities Act (SD.1596 and HD.3052), an act that would ensure local police resources for fighting crime, not enforcing federal immigration law and pledge no state support for a Muslim registry.
WHO: Speakers confirmed include:
- State Representative Stephen Hay
- Ijaz Ahmed, President of the Fitchburg Chapter of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA;
- Adrian Ford, Chief Administrator and CEO of Three Pyramids, Inc./ North Central Massachusetts Minority Coalition;
- Kimatra Maxwell, former candidate for state representative and Founder of Fitchburg Naturals;
- Pastor Thomas Hughes;
- UNF Executive Director Joana Dos Santos
- Other speakers are being confirmed.
WHEN: Friday, February 3rd at 12:00pm
WHERE: In front of Immigrant statute, on corner of Prichard and Main St, Fitchburg, MA.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Eric Rodriguez, Director of Organizing at 774-573-3459 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.