Class is taught in 2 Saturday sessions from 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Are you nervous that your child always wants to spend too much money and has no concept of budgeting?
- Do you feel that there is little or no personal financial education in the school system?
- Do you want your child to be successful financially when they become an adult?
- lf your child will have student loans, do you want to make sure they know how to pay them off without your help?
- Wouldn’t it be great if your child could develop lifelong healthy eating habits to avoid becoming one of the 1 17 million adults with one or more diet-related preventable, chronic diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s and heart disease?
- Do you want your child to learn how to take personal responsible for making healthier choices and understand the positive effects healthy eating can have on their day to day life?
If you answered YES to any of those questions then this class is right for your family! lt is geared toward children ages 12-19 and teaches them the fundamentals of finance and nutrition. lncreasing their financial education and awareness of healthy eating habits at an early age is
extremely important for a lifetime of wealth and health!
In this class you can expect your
child to learn about:
- Credit vs Debit
- Basic investing in a Roth IRA
- Loans . Real-Life Economics
- Consumer spending
- Daily nutrition
- Reading food labels
- Physical activity and exercise
- and much, much more!
The cost of the 2 morning session is $699 with $100 going back to the child participant
upon completion of the class.
Children will be given $SO in cash and a $50 gift card to a whole food store to use what
they have learned in class in the real world!
Since class size is limited, a non-refundable deposit of $200 is required to hold a seat
in class for your child.
Lora Fickett, CPA, MBA is a Certified Financial Stress Reduction@ Coach and
mother of 4 children. For years she has worked with Corporations, Executives,
Business owners and Individuals to increase their financial IQ and reduce their
financial stress. Working with young adults to increase their frnancral awareness
started with her own children. Her oldest started a Roth IRA with income from
her first job, and even her toddler understands the concept of budgeting. She has
appeared on local radio, television and is a speaker, writer, private coach and
workshop coach. For more information go to www.LoraFickett.com
Scherrie Keating RN, BSN, CDE, Founder Diabetes Kare Consulting,LLC; over
30 years as a registered nurse; clinical expertise in acute and chronic disease
management, health education, promotion and prevention;
Certified Diabetes E,ducator; National Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle
Coach; AHA BLS Instructor; Pure Haven Essentials Independent Consultant;
Producer and host, Talk Me Healthy, Sterling-Lancaster Community Television
For more information go to www.diabeteskareconsulting.com