Wachusett Business Incubator, a 501c3, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director to manage and market the Wachusett Business Incubator. This position is located at 35 Sanborn St.,Gardner, MA 01440. The ideal candidate will be motivated by a sense of civic duty and a desire to come help us “change the world.” This is initially a volunteer position with the potential for a grant funded salary.
JOB DESCRIPTION Title: Executive Director
- Successful candidates will possess a BA/BS or MA/MS in a relevant technology or business discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the business community.
- Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations,universities, the public and economic development organizations.
- Ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator and show evidence of awillingness to fulfill both roles.
- Experience as a successful new business owner, or track record of working successfully with start-ups.
- Experience in being part of growing company management team with supervisory experience and beinga team player.
- Previous record of building strong networks with business leaders
- Experience desired in any aspect of small business such banking, or personally owning and/or operatinga commercial venture
• Maintain a positive rapport with clients, mentors, support staff, board of directors, and administration as needed to carry out job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to identify and recruit potential clients for the Wachusett Business Incubator; discerning their readiness to start or expand a business.
- Possess skills required to instruct and assist clients in the areas of business plan development, market analysis, identification of and process to apply for sources of capital for business development and growth.
- Possess skills required to manage landlord/tenant relationships for the Wachusett Business Incubator including structural and operational procedures.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other public and/or private organizations which provide business development assistance for the benefit of clients.For more information please contact:
M. Paul Carlberg, Secretary, Wachusett Business Incubator Board of Directors at 978-430-0100, email@example.com
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate strategic planning for clients.
- Develop informational sessions and programs for clients on issues relevant to startup companies.
- Act as liaison between public and private sectors, such as Chambers of Commerce, in application andimplementation of business development programs.
- Establish a professional advisory committee, as directed by the board of directors, for clients. Developa mentoring relationship between advisory committee and client companies as opportunity allows.
- Keep accurate files and records of each client company and any related correspondence.
- Keep current on all services of the Wachusett Business Incubator in order to cross-sell its services toclients and the public.
- Promote the Wachusett Business Incubator, its programs, at every available opportunity, with specificresponsibilities for recruitment and promotion. Manage marketing communications.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Developing strategic goals and objectives for the client service programs;
- Assisting in preparing the annual budget;
- Facilitating the negotiation and structure of client agreements and leases; including the collection ofrents and fees;
- Perform as a liaison between the clients, businesses and the Wachusett Business Incubator throughoutthe region.
- Monitoring progress of client companies;
- Establishing linkage for client funding opportunities via venture capital/equity firms and angel networks;
- Coordinating and planning Wachusett Business Incubator client advisory team and mentor meetings;
- Assisting in planning and organizing Wachusett Business Incubator events;
- Coordinating the activities of various committees;
- Presenting operating results to Chair;
- Serving as a primary client interface for Wachusett Business Incubator programs;
- Providing leadership and establishing criteria to monitor program performance;
- Developing tools and processes for program management and innovation efforts;
- Attending Organization meetings as required; and other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Board ofDirectors, or his/her designee.
For more information please contact: M. Paul Carlberg, Secretary, Wachusett Business Incubator Board of Directors, at 978-430-0100, firstname.lastname@example.org