During high energy price challenges, National Grid has partnered with the North Central Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce to support small businesses. We are pleased to announce the National Grid Small Business Energy Relief Grant, a one-time grant of $1,000 aimed at assisting eligible small business owners in overcoming financial obstacles.
- Small Business Status: The business should have 150 employees or fewer and provide proof of business, such as a DBA Business Certificate or Articles of Organization. Additionally, submission of 2022 Business Taxes/Schedule C is required to demonstrate ongoing operations.
- National Grid Customer: The business must be a National Grid customer for electric and/or gas services. Applicants must furnish the most recent National Grid Bill/Statement, showing the Business Name, Primary Business Address, and Account Number for verification purposes.
- Qualifiers: The business must be located within one of the 27 communities serviced by the North Central Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce, as depicted here, or be a Member of the North Central Massachusetts Chamber or a Loan Client of the North Central Massachusetts Development Corporation (NCMDC).
- Grant Amount: Successful applicants will receive a one-time grant of $1,000 to alleviate the financial burden of high energy prices.
- Availability: Grants are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, providing timely support to eligible small businesses. Priority will be given to NCMDC Loan Clients and/or Chamber Members.
- Application Requirements: Complete applications are essential, as partial or incomplete submissions will not secure a place in the grant allocation process.
- Single Grant per Business: Only one grant will be provided per small business, ensuring fair distribution among eligible applicants.
- Grant Decision and Disbursement: Successful applicants can expect to receive a check within one month of the grant decision, enabling prompt financial relief.
Apply today for the National Grid Small Business Energy Relief Grant and seize this opportunity to navigate the challenges posed by high energy prices. Please reach out to Bea Lee at 978.353.7600 ext. 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.