We are pleased to announce that North Central Massachusetts is hosting the Baystate Games this summer. The Baystate Games organization runs amateur sport competitions across the state of Massachusetts and is hosting a majority of its summer sports competitions in our region for the first time. These events present a tremendous marketing opportunity for you and our area. Last year, they held a couple events at Game On in Fitchburg and are returning this year with eight different sports, making it their largest venue for their Summer Games. Sports include soccer, field hockey, volleyball, wrestling and others.
The schedule includes:
- One event before – June 24
- Additional events – July 6-9
- Softball tournament at Devens – July 11-13
- Trap shooting at North Leominster Rod & Gun Club in Lunenburg — date TBD
They anticipated participant attendee numbers to include:
- Athletes 1,500+
- Families/Spectators: 2,000 – 3,000
- Coaches, officials, volunteers, trainers, medical staff, event staff: 200+
New Business & Promotional Opportunity:
- Visit North Central MA businesses have the opportunity to provide special offer to all attendees
- Registration for games opens March 1st; they are hoping to send out all material of discounts by mid-June
- Local businesses which could benefit from this event include:
- Retail Stores
The offer is up to each participating business, for example:
- % or $ discount
- 2 for 1 specials
- Each Baystate Games attendee will have an authorized identification badge to show at your business indicating they qualify for the offer.
Baystate Games has a data base of 5,000-6,000 athletes.
- They will promote North Central Massachusetts and the participating businesses on their:
- website – www.baystategames.org
- direct e-blasts (100,000 reach)
- social media (200,000 impressions)
- tabling opportunity at the events to promote the region
We hope you will be able to take advantage of this opportunity. Please complete the form below at your earliest convenience. Please let us know if you have any questions.